Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today Koen Had His Tonsils Out

Today Koen had to get his tonsils out. It was a really hard day for all of us. We took him to the Surgical Center and he was so excited. We went back in the room where the nurses and doctors talk to you about what is going to happen for the day. Koen was really excited to ride in the wagon, until he found out that nobody was able to go with him. He was such a trooper. The doctor said that he didn't cry but was a little nervous when they got back in the room where they give him the anesthesia. The surgery went great. After the surgery was over he was very groggy and tearful. About three hours later we were able to take him home. He has been doing great at home. He has had an appetite and is drinking a ton of fluids. He even wanted to have pizza. We made sure we cut it up very small. You know when the pain medication has worn off because he gets a little grumpy. He was such a little trooper today.
























4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a guy! I'm sure this was scary for you to...but I'm glad it's all over!

    These pictures are so cute. I especially love the one with KC and Koey...so sweet.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everything went well. Carter had to get put out once to get some cavities filled. I hated it so bad. It was so scary when he was coming out of it. I did not like the way it made him act. Needless to say I have been a lot better at brushing his teeth! I went private so if you want to view my blog send me an email at candiswarren@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiley...it's blog-stalker Tara again. I had my tonsils out when we were seniors and I thought I might die. I'd like to think I've toughened up a little, but it sure was painful. Your little guy is a trooper and you are too. I just have a 2 year old and I can't imagine how nervous I'd be.

    Europe '97 Rocks! :) I teach school and every year I get so excited to pull out my pictures and share a little. I usually don't include balcony serenades though. Fun times!

    Email me anytime: taraorrock@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tara...having your tonsils out is not fun! I still remember the pain, especially when I threw up while coming out of the anesthesia. Koen's quite the trooper. Is that Dr. Barlow in the picture? We were actually at his office today for Luke (who will be having surgery on his ear next month.) Dr. Barlow is awesome and so nice.

    ReplyDelete